Experienced Philadelphia Car Accident Lawyers Provide Legal Counsel to Victims in PA and NJ
Car accidents occur every day throughout the country. Although car accidents can be caused by a number of factors, many are attributed to driver error or driver negligence. The majority of these accidents are largely preventable if drivers were more vigilant about safety and following the rules of the road. Individuals injured under such circumstances may be entitled to recover compensation for their injuries and losses. Sadly, car accidents result in hundreds of thousands of injuries and fatalities each year.
Why Auto Accidents Happen
- Speeding: Exceeding the speed limit increases the risk for a car accident. Drivers may not be able to fully control their vehicle when speeding. The time and distance it takes to stop or slow down is extended and drivers may not be able to do this without avoiding a car crash. Automobile collisions that occur at higher speeds have a greater potential for causing catastrophic or fatal injuries.
- Impaired Driving: Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is extremely dangerous. Impaired drivers often suffer from slower reaction times, difficulty concentrating, poor judgment, lack of self-control, decreased coordination, and changes in vision. These impairments not only endanger the safety of the driver but all other drivers, passengers and pedestrians on or near the road.
- Distracted Driving: One of the leading causes of car accidents is distracted driving. Distracted driving is considered to be any activity that takes a drivers attention away from the primary task of driving. Some distractions include using a cell phone, texting while driving, adjusting radio or temperature controls, applying makeup, eating, drinking, reading, and using a navigation system. Engaging in any of the activities greatly increases a driver’s chance of causing a car collision.
- Driver Fatigue: Driving drowsy or falling asleep at the wheel increases the chances of a car accident. Signs of driver fatigue include frequent blinking, heavy eyelids, yawning, drifting out of lanes and irritability. To avoid causing an accident, drivers need to ensure they are fully rested before getting behind the wheel, take frequent breaks, know the symptoms of fatigue and stop driving when they occur.
- Aggressive Driving: Aggressive driving can encompass a multitude of several different driving behaviors. Some examples include ignoring traffic signals, failing to yield, unsafe lane changes, failing to use signals and tailgating. These negligent drivers place all individuals on the road with at risk for becoming victims of a potentially serious car accident.
- Defective Automobile Parts: Automobile manufacturers are required to design, make and market vehicles that meet specific safety standards. Unfortunately, some car accidents occur as a result of defective vehicle equipment. This can include faulty brakes, tires, steering, suspension, seat belts and airbags.
- Poor Vehicle Maintenance: Drivers are responsible for maintaining their vehicles in good operating order. Failing to provide the proper maintenance or making necessary repairs to a vehicle can result in a devastating car accident.
- Poor Weather Conditions: There are numerous weather conditions that can make driving a car difficult. Drivers need to be cautious when inclement weather conditions such as rain, snow, ice and sleet exist.
- Road Conditions: External factors can play a contributory role in causing a car accident. Some examples include debris in the roadway, potholes, poorly designed roadways, construction zones, inadequate signage, and negligent maintenance of roadways
Jay L. Edelstein, Attorney at Law: Dedicated Philadelphia Car Accident Lawyer Providing Comprehensive Legal Representation for Accident Victims
Philadelphia car accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Jay L. Edelstein, Attorney at Law are a well-respected Philadelphia personal injury law firm that have the knowledge and resources to investigate and pursue all types of car accident claims in Pennsylvania and Southern New Jersey. We have been representing injured victims and families since 1999 and have established a proven track record of attaining successful verdicts and settlements. We are a dedicated team that works hard to help our clients get the compensation they deserve for their injuries, lost wages, medical expenses and other damages.
If you or someone you love is a victim of a car accident in the Philadelphia area, call us today at 215-893-9311 or 856-809-3150 to schedule an appointment with an experiencedPhiladelphia personal injury lawyer or contact us online.