Consulting with a personal injury attorney following an accident can be daunting, especially because most Pennsylvania citizens don’t know what to expect. Because our goal at Edelstein Law is to make this process as simple as possible for every client, we have provided insight on what to expect and what to bring to your initial complimentary consultation.
The purpose of a personal injury consultation is for the attorneys and/or paralegals to gain a comprehensive understanding of your potential claim. In order for us to accurately evaluate your case, it is helpful to provide us with as much information as possible. We typically instruct potential clients to bring the following documents to their initial consultation at our office:
- Police report
- Driver’s license
- Health and automobile insurance cards
- All correspondence you may have received from anyone (including insurance companies) about the incident
- Any medical bills you have received for treatment needed as a result of the incident
- Photographs of the incident (if not already emailed to us)
Other documents that may be helpful at your consultation if you have them available include:
- Name and address of all medical service providers used as a result of the incident (ambulance service, hospital/emergency room, doctors, chiropractors)
- Names of those parties involved in the incident
- Names/addresses of witnesses to the incident
- Contact information for any insurance adjusters you have been in contact with
- Paystubs proving earning capacity if the incident caused you to miss work, as well as dates you missed work as a result of the accident
Each of these items will assist the legal professionals at Edelstein Law to appropriately evaluate your potential personal injury claim. Should you have questions or concerns about a potential claim or want to schedule a free consultation, call (215) 893-9311 today.